Monday, September 14, 2015

Reading Diary A: Sita Sings the Blues

Well I don't know actually what I was expecting form this video but I see the story in a whole new light! I love getting to see Sita more in this story. One thing that I have noticed is that Rama's fame and glory hasn't really been explained as well as in the book. So, at times Rama just seems like a hot-shot instead of the respectable character that he is.

Like I previously stated I really enjoy getting to explore Sita more. I tried to explore a story in her point of view last week, so it is nice to see a different potential point of view for her. I don't think that I knew before that the bridge to Lanka built by Rama is "still there today". To me this is really cool. I might want to work with this story.



I like that Sita sings the blues. This is a modern twist on a myth and I really think it is a creative way to enhance this story. Just a side note, I really don't understand the role of the couple from San Francisco. I am not sure if they will reveal something or if they have any other significant role in the film yet.

Oh I also like all the different drawing styles, I think this is an inspiration for all the different writing styles I can play around with.

Reference:
Sita Sings the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment