Saturday, September 5, 2015

Potential Topics

1. Possible Topic: Gods and Goddesses. I am interested in this topic mainly because of my interest in Greek gods and goddesses. I would love to find a way to incorporate gods from Greek and Indian mythology. I honestly don't know a lot about the gods or goddesses from Indian epics.
Research so far: I spent some time looking at a few of the different gods on their Wikipedia pages including VishnuBrahma, and Hanuman. It is hard for me to read these articles when I know so very little about the culture and religious beliefs. So through this project I hope to understand more fully all the aspects of these epics.

2. Possible Topic: Heroes and Heroines. I am interested in this topic for a comparable reason as the first one. I have enjoyed studying Greek heroes and would love to incorporate that with the Indian Epics. I have really enjoyed the story of Rama thus far and would love to continue working with it.
Research so far: Well part of my research I include what we have already read in class. I just think there is so much to work with with the story of Rama. I also began reading about him on the Wikipedia Page. Rama is a very respectable character and I would like to focus on a few specific instances of his life.

Painting of Rama with Bow
Web Source: Wikipedia

3. Possible Topic: Animal Characters. For starters I love animals so I think I could have a lot of fun with this topic. I really like Matsya. I was a swimmer for years and years so I really enjoy fish. But I also like that Matsya has been depicted as half man half fish, so essentially a mermaid. I think this would be a lot of fun to work with.
Research so far: I do not know a lot about Matsya, actually nothing in fact. I went to his Wikipedia Page and read about him there. Part of his story with the flood appears to be somewhat similar to the Noah story, which I am very familiar with. So it would be fun to more about Matsya's flood story.

4. Possible Topic: Love Stories: Let's be honest I am a helpless romantic and I love love! So I would really enjoy writing about love stories. The only one I really know about right now is Rama and Sita. I have really enjoyed their story so far. I also really enjoyed Ahalya and Gautama's story, even though it was quite sad. I feel like I could work a lot with this story.
Research so far: The two love stories I have already mentioned we have already read a little about so I feel like I understand their stories thus far. I went to the Wikipedia Page for Swayamvara. I think that this practice could make a really interesting story that I could work a lot with.

No comments:

Post a Comment