Sunday, September 13, 2015

Heroes from the Ramayana and the Iliad: Styles Brainstorm

Topic: For my topic I will be comparing and contrasting two incredible heroes in two different cultures: Achilles and Rama. One story I want to include is the difference in how Achilles and Rama reacted when their significant other was taken from them. I want to also include part of their birth to compare where they come from. I think that there are characteristics that are admirable about both of these heroes and I want to look at their similarities and differences.

Bibliography:
Homer. The Iliad. Trans. Robert Fagles. NY: Penguin Books, 1990.
R. K. Narayan. The Ramayana. 2006.

Possible Styles: 
Campfire Stories: I could have a group of individuals sitting around a campfire and telling the stories of these great heroes. I think I could have these individuals debating about who was the greatest hero of all time and these people tell the stories of Achilles and Rama to prove of they think is best. Or they could be trying to pick which hero they strive to be like. Either way this seems to a logical story telling style option. Or if there is a group of adults telling small children the great stories of heroes from the past, that would work as well .

Campfire 

Achilles and Rama Meet: I could create a scenario where Achilles and Rama meet and they tell their stories in first person. It could be a bonding moment for them. They can relate to each others experiences and also learn from each other. Maybe they can meet on their way to battle or something like that. They could be strangers in the woods and leave as friends.

Hollywood Movie: Maybe I could have directors getting ready to produce a great hollywood movie try to decide which story they should make their movie about. To decide they send out actors and crew members to create little short videos and then come back and show the examples they filmed. The filmed pieces could be my way of telling the stories of Achilles and Rama. I am not sure about this one, it is a little bit of a stretch for me, but I think that there is something here I could work with.

Gods Telling the Story: Another way I could do it is by having an Indian God and a Greek God meet and they decide to tell the story of their favorite hero. Maybe the Greek Gods want to know more about the Indian tradition, so they send a messenger to the Indian Gods and ask them to tell the story of one of their great heroes. Then the Greek messenger can tell the story of one of their great heroes.


No comments:

Post a Comment