Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reading Diary B: Sita Sings the Blues

What a great little movie. I am so sad it's over. The last part of the watching of the movie wasn't as good as the firsts, but that might be because most of the action happened in the first.

I like that you could see either regret or sympathy on the man's face who took Sita to the woods. Made me think he might do something different aside from leaving her there.

I really don't like that after everything Sita went through and everything she did to prove herself that Rama still didn't trust her. It might just be that I live in a different culture but he just seems to completely mistreat her. I saw Rama as this great just man, but he mistreats and distrusts his wife. Again this negative feeling might be because I live in a different culture.

I do like though the one tear that Rama sheds for Sita. Maybe he did love her through it all, but wanted to be a noble ruler. Although I think a ruler should be able to make up his own mind. Why didn't he just convince the people that Sita was pure. It seems like he didn't even try. But the tear was a nice part.

I finally figured out that the weird story about the couple was used because she would one day write the movie. What a unique idea. I want to experiment with writing a parallel story that doesn't seem to relate but in the end it does relate.

Reference:
Sita Sings the Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment