Monday, October 12, 2015

Reflections: Looking Back

I have had a really fun time writing for this class. I have had fun exploring different writing styles. My absolute favorite story that I have written is the first story of my portfolio Till Death Do Us Part. From this story I decided to focus on stories that weren't explored clearly in the text.

My favorite reading has been the Ramayana and I really liked the movie Sita Sings the Blues. That movie really left a big impression on me. This story inspired me to explore a possible different ending for the Ramayana. I learned that I prefer stories with a little romance and are about more than just fighting.

I haven't ever done an online class before, so this has been a new experience for me. But I have really enjoyed getting to know people online through this class. I also really like reading the different stories online.

I normally work on the class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday. I will usually work an hour or two each of those days. I have used this schedule the entire semester and it works for me.

I think one of the most important things that I have learned is that I am capable of being creative and writing well.




1 comment:

  1. I think that you hit the nail on the head by focusing on stories that weren’t fully explored in the text it gives you a nice baseline that you can run with. I also enjoy stories with more substance than just fighting. I feel like that it makes the story more realistic. Motivations are an important part in why we do things and if the main character has motivations we can relate more to that character.

    ReplyDelete