Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reading Diary B: Peter Brook's Mahabharata

Alright a lot went on during this part of the movie. I liked the gambling match and how the robe of their wife went on and on. The men weren't able to abuse her. I thought the story of the one brother meeting the monster woman in the wilderness and killing her brother was interesting. There might be a story to write with that. Maybe a chance encounter with a stranger and they aren't who they say they are, then they are forced to only love for a short time because that person must return to their original life.

Again the water test is interesting. The answering the questions from the lake. I really enjoyed this part of the movie but I think it is too complex to write a story about.

But yes, now as I am reflecting on what I have watched over the past two days I think writing a story of a chance love encounter would be the best option. Maybe give them the names of the original characters in the story, or maybe not. Maybe I can even talk about the person who had to leave's feelings after they left. Then I would be able to stay in the theme of the stories that were untold. I'm pretty excited about this story, it appears to go along with the idea of star crossed lovers. This is always a fun topic to work with. In a way the remind me of Romeo and Juliet.


Reference: Peter Brook's Mahabharata Reading Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment