Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Reading Diary B: Buck's Ramayana

Again I love reading the Ramayana again, especially in this perspective. In this reading I'm really trying to focus on stories I might have overlooked in the first two times I focused on the Ramayana. I like the story of the one mom using her promises of the king to prevent Rama from being the successor. Her servant is the one convincing her to do this. I think I could right a story about the little devil living on your shoulder and making you do things you don't want to. Our the Kenny Chesney song "Demons" would be a great tie in here.


The language of the animal story was interesting I'm not sure if it was in the other stores of the Ramayana that I have read, but if it has been I didn't think it was that important. It is definitely an interesting story that I could work with.

Then again the death of Rama's dad is incredibly sad. In a weird way it reminds me of the story of Oedipus Rex. I don't know maybe I could make a tie in with that story.

Ramayana Reading Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment