Monday, October 5, 2015

Reading Diary A: Peter Brook's Mahabharata

So I am watching the movie this week. It is actually pretty good. I like the fact that in the beginning the guy is telling this as a story to be recorded. I think this is a really interesting story technique. Throughout the movie the original three characters will talk to each other. This makes this story more approachable because I really didn't like the novel version. I think I could write a story about the girl having 5 husbands and how she feels about it.

Someone in the story said it was a double negative because one of the brothers liked gambling but he was very bad for it. I don't know what I can do with this but I liked this saying.

I started watching the dice match although I wasn't supposed to until tomorrow and I stopped right in the middle of it. So there is a lot of suspense which I think I could work with. But I think I want to write a story about a gambling match and losing everything.

Reference:
Peter Brook's Mahabharata Reading Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment