Sunday, December 6, 2015

Portfolio Introduction

This Portfolio is going to be focusing on the stories that were not told. Oftentimes when we read stories, questions are left unanswered and the reader wants to know what happened with a particular character or situation, so this Portfolio will give some potential scenarios with a modern twist.

Till Death Do Us Part: A story of a woman who remained faithful and true to her husband when all seemed lost.

My Wife is a Psychopath : A story of a man trying to wrestle with the horrible reality he has found himself in.

The Cycle of the Sun: A story of two unlikely lovers and the secret that separated them.

No Mother Should Have to Bury Her Child : A story of a civil war that tore a family apart.

The Bridge to Heaven : A story of a lonely boy who did the impossible and found hope.

It is hard to pick a favorite story out of my portfolio. Personally, my favorite part of this portfolio is seeing how I changed as a writer from "Till Death Do Us Part" to "The Bridge to Heaven." If you only have time to read one story, then I recommend "The Bridge to Heaven." This story is very personal to me. I used my future mother-in-law as inspiration for the teacher, and I used advice my own mother gave me growing up. I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I enjoyed writing them.

1 comment:

  1. Hayley, I have commented on your blog posts before because I think that you are a truly gifted writer and very talented. Your portfolio is not anything less than expected, in fact, it exceeded my expectations! I chose to do a storybook for this class, but your portfolio is making me rethink my decision! I think that something I would like to see is maybe a little more of an introduction. I think there is a lot of power in the introduction and you are set up perfectly with your powerful writing style to incorporate the great storyline into the introduction. Just add something that will give insight to the reader as to what they are about to read in your portfolio. I know that everyone who did portfolios chose to do very different stories, but I really like the stories that you ended up choosing! I have no doubts that you will accomplish this project very quickly in the near future!

    ReplyDelete