Sunday, December 6, 2015

Famous Last Words: Week 14

This has been a crazy week for me. I suffered from a pretty serious head injury on Monday and my week was thrown into chaos. But starting tomorrow, I only have two more weeks as a student at OU and my heart is overwhelmed. I haven't done many Famous Last Words post so I wanted to do one to reflect on my time in this class. I really enjoyed what I learned here. To my surprise, I was able to work on my writing skills tremendously. That was a pleasant surprise. I love that I was able to make connections to my Greek and Latin Heroes and Epics class. My favorite part of the class was being able to let my mind run free and create. Rarely in my college career have I had the opportunity to write a story. All too often I research and report my findings. This class truly was a joy. I also think this class was a good class to take my final semester. I learned that I have a lot more to offer than just reporting information.

I have learned a lot about myself over this whole semester too. I am incredibly nervous to be ending my time at OU in a two weeks. This class is just one of the little gems OU has given me. I ran into a student on Wednesday. She was sitting in on two of my classes. I walked with her back to her car and was able to talk to her about OU. Not only was this a great chance for me to convince someone to come to OU, but it was a nice moment for me to reflect on my career here. I always say OU is the most magical place on earth, and it's true. It is my Disneyland. I am sad to be leaving. I will be attending law school in the fall. I have received many great offers, and it appears that I will probably be leaving and not staying here. It is hard to leave the place we call home. Where ever we go though we take home with us. I am excited to begin new adventures and new journeys.

In the words of Garth Brooks "I will sail my vessel 'till the river runs dry."


Wikicommons

No comments:

Post a Comment