Saturday, August 29, 2015

Week 1 Curation

I'm a Letters Major and one of my minors is in Classical Culture. Often times students and my professors joke about how much we as a department hate technology. Essentially, we are stuck in the past. I haven't had to use technology very often during my time at OU. If I do have a research project I will usually print out my resources and organize the hard copies. I am most comfortable with this method. So online organization is a foreign concept to me. I do have organized folders on my computer for each class I take and I change it for every semester. That is about as far as my organization goes with computers.

Given that information, I am not the one to recommend strategies to others. But I am familiar with both Pinterest and Twitter. I have an account for both websites, however I use my Pinterest significantly more than my Twitter. I have never heard of Known before, but I am interested in using these resources for class.

My Pinterest Board
Web Source: Pinterest

Overall, I am great with keeping track of information in general. However, I haven't really had the chance to keep track of information online, so I am excited to give it a try. Just through my experience with Pinterest though, I can see how necessary it is to sort though and organize the information you need. There is so much out there and you have to be able to move the relevant information into a usable manner.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. My world is another entirely. I'm a web developer so I'm constantly on a computer. I find time to escape for the buzz and go of technology. Some of my favorite times are spent in Colorado. Why do you think the department is apposed to technology? Is it the nature of what you study? Technology can be powerful but also hurtful if not used correctly.

    ReplyDelete