Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Storybook Favorites

I only looked through the storybooks from the Indian Epics Class. I was trying to find storybooks with unique titles. This to me was a way to sort through how creative the storybooks would be. I ended up really liking three of them. How I Met Your Mother , Animal Tales from India to Oklahoma and Rate My Rishi.

Introduction Page


Let's begin talking about How I Met Your Mother. First off, this is one of my favorite shows of all time, so I was immediately drawn to it. But the title did a good job of letting me know what the subject matter would be about. Since I know the plot of the TV show, I figured this storybook would be about fathers telling stories of how they met their wives. I am not very familiar with the stories though at all. The introduction did a great job of grabbing my attention, it was entertaining and gave short summaries of each story which I appreciated. I also like the quotes from Ted in How I Met Your Mother. The image in the introduction was great because it was a reference to How I Met Your Mother. Overall, I really liked this one because it was very unique.

Cover Page Photo 

The next storybook that I really liked was Animal Tales from India to Oklahoma. Any student who goes to OU can relate to this storybook, which is the main reason why I liked it. The introduction is so playful. Having a story narrated by a squirrel really made this storybook enjoyable to read. The introduction was very inviting and it made me want to continue reading the stories. The design was cute and I really enjoyed the pictures, however I did not understand the point of the tree and flowers in the corner. But overall, I really liked this storybook.

Durvasa Story

The final storybook in my opinion is probably the most original. Rate My Rishi is a wonderful idea and I can not believe someone actually came up with it. I love how the introduction is laid out like a web page. I also like the idea of telling the stories in different perspectives, as if the Rishis are being rated. This is an approach I wouldn't have originally considered. The layout of each story was slightly off for me, I wasn't able to read everything, which was disappointing. The creativeness of this storybook is something I truly admire and want to be able to do in my own storybook. I want to be creative and have fun with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment