Sunday, August 30, 2015

Famous Last Words from Week 1

Since this was our orientation week, we did not really do a lot of reading. What impacted me the most this week was the story telling assignment. I thoroughly enjoyed this. The writing style I used was incredibly far outside my comfort zone for writing. I also had to be creative and in my major I don't get to use a lot of creativity. It was nice to see that I was capable of being creative. I also really enjoyed reading the stories from the students in my group. I was impressed with their creativity.

My other classes are going well. It is exciting that the semester is finally getting going. This is the first time I have ever taken an online class so I am having to learn how to manage my time to make sure I accomplish everything I need to accomplish in this class and my other classes. So this week has really been an experiment for me. This is also the first time I have ever worked with a blog and I really have enjoyed it. I enjoy writing and have spent a significant amount of time in college writing, so getting to write in a blog is a new and exciting way to write.

I am excited to get into the readings this next week and the weeks to come. Mythology is a subject I really enjoy and I am taking another mythology class this semester. I am curious to see if any of the major themes in Greek Mythology can be seen in Mythology from India. In weeks to come I will be sure to let you know if I am able to find any connections. I am taking two other literature classes, so I will be exposed to multiple writing styles that I want to get to experiment with.

Oh and just a fun fact I learned this week. OU has a serious parking problem that they really need to work on fixing. I'm very grateful I have a good bike.

Downtown Parking Lot 
Web source: Wikimedia Commons

5 comments:

  1. Hayley, I feel you on the OU parking problem! I bought a parking permit this year, but most days, I end up taking Lloyd Noble. It is a rough life! I wish I had a bike like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayley,
    I know what you mean about not being able to be creative in your major. I'm a science major, and in science, everything tends to be cut and dry. I'm glad I finally took a class that encourages creativity in writing. Ugh and parking at OU is absolutely terrible this year. I have never brought a parking permit before, but even LNC is becoming crowded. A bike sounds like the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OU's parking is the worst! I'm always incredibly grateful that I live in an apartment that's close enough to walk to campus easily. Looking back at your comment about managing your time- that's the truth. I have a bad habit of leaving this class until the last minute, and then rushing through everything to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hayley!
    It is really cool that you enjoy writing. I wished that I enjoyed writing more. I am just not that creative when it comes to writing. I am pretty formulaic and bland.
    I agree with you that the university of Oklahoma has a parking problem – especially this year. Hopefully construction will be done soon. I have been parking at Loyd noble and taking the shuttle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hayley!
    Yes OU parking is extremely horrible here on campus, especially since we have lost one of the commuter lots. I usually just ride the CART bus to campus. This is the third time that I have had an online class. I like the set-up of online classes, the only thing that I don't like is the amount of homework that you have to do for online classes.

    ReplyDelete