Monday, August 17, 2015

My Favorite Places

Although it sounds cliché, my favorite place in the entire world is the University of Oklahoma. Coming from a broken situation, this is the first place I have really been able to call my own. To me, OU is the most magical place on earth and it recently became more magical because I got proposed to there a few days ago.
                                                                               Night Seed Sower
                                                                   Web source:Wikimedia Commons

Another favorite place of mine is Lake Hefner. I have recently begun biking and this is my favorite place to take my bike. I am originally from California, so the lake reminds me of a life I used to know in California.

                                                                                   Sailing Lake Hefner
                                                                       Web source: Wikimedia Commons

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, congratulations, Hayley!!! They should have a special gallery for all the people who have been proposed to on the campus. How lovely! And the Sower is one of my favorite sculptures on campus: it's such a beautiful metaphor, and I like seeing pictures of the Sower at all times of day, in all the seasons. One of the reasons I like following the different OU Twitter streams is for the beautiful campus pictures I find there. Even though this is an online class and even though I am living in North Carolina right now, I still feel really connected to campus too! And congratulations again on your engagement!!! (assuming you said yes...?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the engagement. I know that OU will now hold an even more special place in your heart. I love the Great Reading Room at the library. I was on campus for over 3 semesters before I accidentally stumbled on it showing my daughter around campus. I'm sure you have been there, but if you haven't, you need to go!

    I have only been to Long Beach in California but it was a very beautiful place and the weather was GREAT! My husband loves the west coast so I think we may end up there one day when we are old and gray :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so fantastic to hear that you've found a place to really call home. It took me a while after coming to OU as a freshman to really find that sense of community, but now that I have, it truly is my second home! I'm looking forward to coming back to OU after I graduate and seeing how it's changed and stayed the same. I had no idea Lake Hefner was so close to us either! It seems like a really pretty place, I'll have to try and check it out before the year's out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree that they should have some type of gallery of photos containing pictures of people getting engaged on campus. The only problem is, it would have to be a very large gallery probably. I don't blame you for loving OU or Lake Hefner! Both are very beautiful. I used to go to the lake every weekend to go running. It's absolutely breathtaking (the running and the view).

    ReplyDelete