Thursday, November 5, 2015

Storytelling for Week 11: Billy and the Punk

The news title read, "WARNING BOY STEALS DOGS WITH NO WARNING." He continued to read the story. Turns out there is a punk kid who just walks up to people, grabs the leash of their dogs from their hands, and runs.

"I'm not going to lie, this seems a bit odd. I mean not that I would steal a dog, but if I were to steal a dog, or anything for that matter, I would be sneakier about it. According to the paper no one has seen the kids face because he is so quick. I'm not worried though. No punk kid is gonna sneak one past this guy. "

So he went on his usual walk with his corgi Kix. Kix is a beautiful little corgi. Those things are like full grown big dogs on mini dog legs. Anyway, he took Kix to Central Park. It is a beautiful time of the year, although Kix has a problem with trying to run off an chase birds.

After about an hour he figured Kix was tired and it was time to go. Out of no where he felt a gust of wind and the leash was pulled right out of his hand.

"Ah crap," he though.

So he began chasing after the punk. The punk didn't know that he had stolen the dog of Billy Sams. Billy Sams is no ordinary guy. He currently holds the gold medal in an Olympic running race. Needless to say, Billy was faster. He caught up to the punk, grabbed him by the shirt collar and said, "Your time dog stealing is up my friend."

The punk looked at him started to cry.
"I didn't want this life you know? I was meant to do better things than this. I wanted to be a vet growing up because I love animals. That's why I take dogs. I also take cats occasionally. I don't do anything mean to the dogs, I just love them. All of them are at my house. Are you going to turn me into the police?"
"No, I'm not. I want you to understand you did something wrong, you know? I'm gonna take those dogs from you, tell the newspaper I heard them barking and found them all behind some building, or something. Then I'll tell the newspaper I'll be at the park with the dogs, so the owners can come get them. But, I want you to be at the park with me and see the owners reunite with their dogs."

So they did just that. The punk and Billy gave back the dogs, and the police never found out who stole them. Billy and the punk became close friends. Billy wasn't married and didn't have any kids, so the punk became like his own son. A few years down the road, the punk became the vet.

Author's Note: I was inspired by the story of Sita being kidnapped by Viradha in the Ramayana. To me the episode was odd. Rama and Sita were just talking and then Viradha came and took Sita. I wanted to take the randomness from my story and change it up a bit. That is why I have a kid taking dogs with out a lot of warning. I wanted it to seem very random. I also like happy endings, so I wanted to kid to end up having a good life. Sometimes we just need to invest in others, then we can change their lives. I hope you enjoy the story.

Bibliography:
Ramayana by Buck. 2000.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit that the picture of the dog made me excited about this story, because I love dogs. I immediately thought of Sita when she was kidnapped by Viradha. I think that the way that you made the story your own made it interesting to read. There were a few times when I laughed out loud while reading this story. Really good job this week, it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Hayley, this was a great story! I can see where you are coming from with getting the idea for this story from the taking of Sita in the Ramayana. I liked the style of dialogue you used for this story, it makes it feel more casual and like you are telling the story to the reader in person. Other than a few grammatical errors here and there, this was a great story! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete