Monday, November 9, 2015

Reading Diary A: Buck's Ramayana

Well this is now week three of reading Buck's Ramayana. The stories that I already know are fairly boring. This part includes the story of the monkey going to see Sita. Sita is in a garden and is safe. The monkey returns to Rama to let him know Sita is safe.

What I found interesting about this story was the information about Hanuman. The mountain rising from the water to let Hanuman rest was an odd story. What was more interesting was the story of the demon coming out of the water to swallow Hanuman. I don't remember this story at all. Hanuman ends up crushing the heart of the demon and getting out through the ear which is weird. I also did not know that Hanuman turned into a cat. This part is a little confusing for me. So he turns into a cat, but Lanka, the island, turns into a human and kicks him. Turns out there is some prophesy about a monkey coming. Strange.



I'm not sure exactly if there is a story with any of this. But I could work with Hanuman.

Buck's Ramayana

No comments:

Post a Comment