Monday, November 2, 2015

Reading Diary A: Buck's Ramayana

I feel like this version includes a few more stories that the other story did not include. Now given, it has been awhile since I have read a version of the Ramayana, so I might have forgotten these stories. An example of a story that I do not believe I heard before is the story of the demon Viradha. While Rama is telling this story to Sita, a demon comes and takes her. I personally find that crazy. Imagine, just sitting and telling a story to your wife and a demon comes up and kidnaps her right in front of your eyes. This might make for a good story. Anyways the story ends with the demon dying. We also have the story again of the girl trying to seduce Rama and him turning her down and her attacking Sita and going and tell her brother about Sita. That is a good story I might be able to focus on to.

Reference: Buck's Ramayana

No comments:

Post a Comment