Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Reading Diary B: Buck's Ramayana

Again as I was reading this I felt that there were stories that I didn't read before. So it was nice to read those new stories although I found some of them confusing. I always wandered why Ravana didn't just rape Sita. I didn't know that his head would explode if he raped another woman. This was a plot hole for me in the first book that I read. At first I could understand Rama's doubts that Sita didn't sleep with Ravana. But now that I know his story it makes it different. I wonder if someone would have told Rama that Ravana could not rape Sita, then the ending with Sita would have turned out differently. But then I could see how Rama would still be concerned if Sita gave in to Ravana convincing her. He clearly doesn't trust his wife.


Reference: Buck's Ramayana

No comments:

Post a Comment